Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Benvenuto!

Well, my regular blog is being overrun with knitting content, and now that I'm embarking into the wide world of designing, I figured I should start an actual knitting blog. I will probably include other crafting content as well, but the main focus of this blog will be on knitting and designing.

The name of the blog, Agnellino, means "little lamb" in Italian and was inspired by my love for all things baby. Although I don't have any babies (yet!!), I love designing for babies. My approach to design is, first and foremost, practicality. I almost always choose yarns that are machine washable, affordable, and readily available. I tend toward simple designs with sweet--and sometimes unexpected--details.

Below are pictures of my first two completed designs, Rosemary and Beatrice. I'm in the process of writing the patterns for these two sweaters, as well as sketching and swatching several more ideas. Rosemary was knit with RYC Cotton Jeans in Sierra. It's a keyhole-neckline raglan with X&O cables down the sleeves. Beatrice was knit with Rowan Wool Cotton in Camel. It's also a keyhole-neckline raglan, with a simple panel of faggoting lace down the sleeves. An eyelet row was completed around the neckline, through which I wove a thin pale blue satin ribbon. Details of each project can be found on my Ravelry page.

No comments: